Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials
Fort Bend County Libraries recognizes an individual’s right to express his/her opinion concerning materials in the library system’s collection. A Fort Bend County resident or a county library cardholder who objects to the inclusion of any library material in the library collection(s) may request formal reconsideration of such materials.
In order to initiate that process, the person objecting must completely fill out a “Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials.” The completed form should be returned to a library manager at any of the county libraries, who will forward it to the Library Director, or the form may be mailed to the Library Director at 1001 Golfview, Richmond, Texas 77469. The reconsideration process will be initiated when the completed form has been received by the Director and copies of the material under reconsideration are located.
Materials are selected by the library based on evaluation of the entire work. Thorough reconsideration of an item requires that you read/review the item in its entirety, not just in part.
ITEM CALL #___________________________________________________________
PUBLISHER (if known)___________________________________________________
REQUEST INITIATED BY_________________________________________________
EMAIL ADDRESS ______________________________________________________
1. To what in the item do you object? Please be specific—cite pages/parts.
2. What do you feel might be the result of reading/viewing/listening to this item?
3. Is there anything good about this item?
4. For what age group would you recommend this item?
5. Are you aware of the judgment of this item by literary critics?
6. What do you feel is the theme of this item?
7. What would you like Fort Bend County Libraries to do about this item?
8. What item would you recommend to replace this item?
Date Signature of COMPLAINANT