Fort Bend County Libraries will again host representatives from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), who will provide free income-tax-preparation assistance for low-income taxpayers at several locations in the Fort Bend County library system.
Patrons should bring the following information to the session if possible: last year’s tax return; W-2, 1099s, and any other compensation received in 2012; unemployment compensation statements; and any other documents that are necessary to complete your return.
February’s schedules are as follows:
- George Memorial Library , 1001 Golfview, Richmond; Room 2B:
- Thursdays; 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Saturdays; 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. (except March 30)
- Cinco Ranch Branch , 2620 Commercial Center Boulevard, Katy; Meeting Room:
- Mondays; 1:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Sugar Land Branch , 550 Eldridge; Meeting Room:
- Mondays; 1:00 to 4:00 pm (except March 11)
- Wednesdays; 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
- First Colony Branch , 2121 Austin Parkway, Sugar Land; Conference Room:
- Tuesdays; 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Wednesdays; 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Missouri City Branch , 1530 Texas Parkway; Meeting Room:
- Tuesdays; 12:30 to 3:30 pm.
- Thursdays,; 12:30 to 3:30 pm.
- Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch , 8100 FM 359 South, Fulshear; Meeting Room:
- Fridays; 1:00 to 4:00 pm. (except March 29)
Income-tax forms may be obtained at any of the branch libraries in the Fort Bend County library system during regular library hours. This service is free and open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, call the library’s Public Information Office at 281-341-2677.