George Memorial Library is closed from Sunday, August 4, through September 29, to carry out renovation of the first floor of the building. It will re-open on Monday, September 30.
- Books and other items that have been checked out may be returned to any of the nine branch libraries in the Fort Bend County library system.
- The pick-up location for items that have been requested and placed on hold for pick-up at George Memorial Library is defaulted to the University Branch Library on the UH campus in Sugar Land, until George Memorial Library re-opens, unless the library patron chooses to select a different pick-up location.
- Children and adults who are participating in the Summer Reading Club may pick up their rewards at any of the other branch libraries. The last day to pick up Summer Reading Club rewards is August 31.
- Anyone needing meeting space is encouraged to reserve a room at one of FBCL’s other libraries in the area.
- Other libraries nearby include the University Branch Library, 14010 University Blvd in Sugar Land, on the UH campus; the Albert George Branch Library, 9230 Gene Street in Needville; the Sugar Land Branch Library, 550 Eldridge; or the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library, 8100 FM 359 South in Fulshear. Click here for a map of our locations.
The public can stay abreast of ongoing changes during construction with updates on the libraries’ website. For more information, call the library’s Public Information Office at 281-341-2677.