Fort Bend County Photography Contest 2021: Bridging Differences
Submissions for this contest are now closed. Winners will be announced on Monday, February 1.
Submission Deadline: 5 pm on January 25
Exhibition: February 1 – March 31
Fort Bend County Libraries (FBCL), in conjunction with the Fort Bend County Diversity Over Division Initiative, is seeking photography entries that capture the themes of diversity and bridging differences in Fort Bend County through your eyes. Amateur photographers of all ages and skill levels are invited to submit digital photographs that show the culture, nature, people, and places of Fort Bend County that demonstrate how we as a community come together. All accepted entries will be on exhibit February 1- March 31 in a Virtual Gallery on FBCL’s website.
- One entry per person
- Gift cards will be awarded to 1st-place ($200), 2nd-place ($150), and 3rd-place ($100) winners.
- Photographs will be evaluated by a panel of judges and judged by the following criteria: relationship to the contest theme, composition, focus, lighting, emotional impact, and creativity. Photographs will be anonymous until after the judging is complete. All decisions are final.
- The photo can be in color or black-and-white and should be submitted as a high-resolution (1 MB or higher) .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .eps, .tif, or .pdf.
- Digital manipulations of photos should minimal. For questions or guidance, contact Christina Tam (contact information is below).
- All entries must be original, unpublished, and the work of the person who submits it. Any entries that are found to be in violation of these stipulations will be disqualified.
- The photographer is responsible for obtaining a written release for public use of the photo from all identifiable individuals in the photograph submitted; and accepts all liability for the use of a photo where this release has not been obtained.
- FBCL will select photos from the entries to be displayed February 1–March 31 in a Virtual Gallery on the FBCL website. Photographers will be credited by name.
- This contest is open to amateur photographers only. Please do not enter if you are a professional photographer. For the purposes of this contest, a professional photographer is an individual who makes a living by selling their photography.
- FBCL reserves the right to print, display, or present any entry in this contest for an indefinite period, both in print and online. Entries will be exhibited publicly, so they must be appropriate for family viewing.
- Direct any questions to: Christina Tam at Christina.Tam@fortbend.lib.tx.us or 281-633-4726.
- To participate in the competition, you must submit a digital copy of the photograph to the link below. This submission form will be available until 5:00 pm, on Monday, January 25.