Update: September 11, 2020
May 1, 2020
Library buildings are not accessible for public use at this time. The Books & More! Curbside Pick-Up service resumed on Monday (May 4) during limited hours. For hours and details about the curbside pick-up service, click here.
Fort Bend County Libraries (FBCL) is monitoring information about the coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and safety of staff and library users is our priority.
We are following directions from state and local health officials. This is so that we can respond as needed as this situation develops.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are taking precautionary steps to continue to maintain services to our communities. Here is what we are doing:
- All in-person library programs, classes, and activities have been cancelled until further notice. A list of virtual programs can be found here.
- For a few ideas of virtual library activities and resources that you can access from home, click here.
- Hotspots are available for check out to Fort Bend County residents with a full-service library card. Click here for more information
- Nooks and Launchpads are not available for check out.
- We are not accepting book donations at this time.
- To apply for a full-service library card or an e-Card (Fort Bend County residents only), click here.
- Interlibrary loan is available on a limited basis.
Please note that FBCL is unable to comprehensively sanitize every single item that is checked out from its branches (books, movies, etc.), and as such, customers are advised to wash their hands after handling materials and avoid touching their faces.
To renew items, verify holds, check overdues and fines, or list items checked out, call FBCL’s Telecirc – 281-341-2686. You will need your library barcode and phone number.
The library has a vast collection of digital materials that can be accessed from home, such as:
- eBooks and downloadable audiobooks.
- Streaming TV and movies.
- Flipster Magazines
- TumbleBooks for Children
- Databases, and much more.
All are available on our website and are free with your library card.
Local Coronavirus Call Centers
Sharing accurate information from trusted sources is critical to reduce misinformation. Find reliable and current information about the outbreak from local, state, and national agencies below.
If you are in Fort Bend County with questions about COVID-19:
- Contact the Fort Bend County Health & Human Services Department, or visit their website.
- General Public Line: 281-633-7795;
- Physician and Community Partner Line: 281-344-6118.
If you are in Harris County with questions about COVID-19:
- Contact the Harris County Public Health Department, or visit their website or www.ReadyHarris.org
- Call Center: 832-927-7575 (daily, 9 am-7 pm)
- Harris Health - Ask My Nurse Hotline: 713-634-1110 (daily, 9 am-7 pm) (clinical-related questions only)
Information from Authoritative Sources
- Texas Health & Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- CDC FAQs
- World Health Organization
- U.S. Department of State – Travel
- CDC Informational Videos
Managing Fears and Anxiety
- Managing Fears and Anxiety around COVID-19
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with COVID-19
- Techniques to Reduce Anxiety
What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (click here)
Stop the Spread of Germs (click here)
Symptoms of COVID-19 (click here)
What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 (click here)
For more information, visit: www.cdc.gov/COVID19
- COVID-19 FAQ’S