Starting Monday, May 4, Fort Bend County Libraries will re-launch the Books & More! Curbside Pick-Up service during limited hours. This service is specifically designed for patrons practicing social distancing during the COVID-19 period. Library buildings will NOT be accessible to the public.
Library materials should be returned in the outside book drop. Library staff will not accept fines or fees, or handle returns, during curbside pick-up.
Hours for the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up Service:
- Mon-Thu – 9 am-6 pm
- Fri – 9 am-5 pm
- Sat – 9 am-5 pm at all locations EXCEPT at the Albert George Branch Library (Needville), the Mamie George Branch Library (Stafford), and the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. For these branches, the Saturday hours are 9 am-1 pm.
- Sun – CLOSED (all locations)
* NOTE: Items should be picked up no later than 15 minutes prior to closing. If they are not picked up by that time, they will be held for the next business day.
This is how the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service works:
- Patrons will need to call their nearest branch library, and have their library card number ready and the name of the person who will be picking up their items.
- Library cards must be valid (unexpired) – without fines or fees more than $5. Fines of $5 or more can be paid online through the patron’s My Account link in the catalog.
- Patrons may use this service to pick up books and materials on HOLD, or patrons may request specific titles for pick up. Patrons may check out a maximum of 10 items through the Books & More! Curbside Pick-Up service. Patrons are encouraged to check the catalog for availability.
- Library staff will search the shelves, pull the requested materials, and check them out using the patron’s library card number.
- When all items are collected, staff will call the patron to inform them that their items are ready to be picked up.
- Patrons will be directed to a special parking area at the library of their choice. Patron will call to let staff know they have arrived and a staff person will bring the items out to the car and place them in the trunk.
- Items for pick up through the Books & More service will be available until closing of the next business day. After that time, items will be returned to the shelves. (Items placed on hold through the online catalog will continue to be available for 10 days.)
- All books and AV materials are eligible for this service. Electronic devices (Nooks, Launchpads, and hotspots) are NOT available through the Books & More! Curbside Pick-Up service.