A New Look for the New Year!
Happy New Year! To kick off 2019, we’re turning the page and starting a new chapter with a brand new website! In 2018, we sent out a survey to get your input on our website – what worked well, what needed help, and what to throw out altogether. You spoke – we listened! We took your feedback to heart, and have been diligently working to bring you a new and improved website with a fresh, modern look and easy navigation throughout. Have a look around!
Some great things about our new website….
- Mobile and tablet-friendly (fully-responsive) – We want to ensure you have the best experience possible, and that includes your phone and tablets!
- Reflect the values and personality of the library – We’ve added more images of our library; we take pride in our community and want to showcase our patrons and presenters on our website.
- Help users find information quickly and easily with efficient navigation tools
- Search bar for catalog and website
- Uncluttered layout and user-friendly menu options with a clean design
- Filter options on the calendar are more user-friendly
- Ability to share events and programs to your social media page
- Online registration includes email reminders and notifications for registrants
- Sign up for reminders to events of your choosing
- Online meeting room reservation application
- New blog addition
- Site security (HTTPS)
- Contact Us form to easily get you in touch with the correct person
- Breadcrumbs feature to show you where you are and how to get back to a previous page
- Quick view of events on each branch page
Features that remain the same…
- The link to our homepage (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us)
- Access to our free databases, eBooks and other eMedia
- Our catalog and access to your account remain the same
- Featured events and other important news continues to scroll on the homepage
- Ask a Librarian Chat feature – The tab is available on every page, on the right side of the screen (On the mobile view, it can be found just above the footer.)
- Homework help
- Our logo