Program Type:Book Clubs
THIS IS A VIRTUAL MEETING. WE DO NOT MEET IN THE LIBRARY.
Do you enjoy listening to podcasts, but don’t have anyone to discuss them with? Do you like the idea of a book club, but can’t commit to finishing the book each month? Join the University Branch Podcast Club to engage in conversation about podcasts on a variety of topics. Each month we’ll have a topic and a short list of podcast episodes to listen to. At the meeting we will discuss those episodes and the themes within them.
This meeting will be held online via WebEx. You must register for this program to receive an email invite with the link to the meeting.
The topic for September's meeting is Fashion. We’ll be discussing the following podcast episodes:
- “The Cult of Fast Fashion”, Sounds Like A Cult, 64 m
- “How to Cultivate Your Personal Style”, Life Kit, 21 m
- “If Your Clothes Could Talk”, To The Best Of Our Knowledge, 52 m
- “No Shame in Mending”, Curious Minds, 21 m
- "Pockets", 99% Invisible, 21 m
- "Fashion History Mystery #15: Pantone", The History of Fashion, 13 m
You can find all of these podcast episodes here: Fashion Playlist