May 19, 2022 UPDATE
Curbside Pick-Up Service will end at all locations on Monday, June 6, 2022.
March 7, 2022 UPDATE
Curbside Pick-Up Service is available Mon-Fri until 4:00 pm, and on Sat until 2:00 pm.
In May 2020, Fort Bend County Libraries re-launched the Books & More! Curbside Pick-Up service during limited hours. Curbside Pick-Up service is available at ALL locations.
Library staff will not accept fines or fees, or handle returns, during curbside pick-up.
* NOTE: To expedite Curbside Pick-Up service, call your library BEFORE you come to pick up your hold(s), as well as when you arrive.
What can you check out through Books & More Curbside Pick-Up?
- The limit of items that can be checked out on a full-service library card has been increased from 10 to 20!
- We now offer Book Bundles! Each Book Bundle consists of 5 items selected by our staff. When you call the library, you can pick a category, and we’ll surprise you with some selections we think you might like! There is a limit of 3 Book Bundles per library card, but guess what – a Book Bundle does NOT count toward your 20-item limit!
This is how the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service works:
- Patrons will need to call their nearest branch library, and have their library card number ready and the name of the person who will be picking up their items.
- Library cards must be valid (unexpired) – without fines or fees more than $5. Fines of $5 or more can be paid online through the patron’s My Account link in the catalog.
- Patrons may use this service to pick up books and materials on HOLD, or patrons may call to request specific titles for pick up. Patrons may check out a maximum of 20 items through the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service. Patrons are encouraged to check the catalog for availability.
- Library staff will search the shelves, pull the requested materials, and check them out using the patron’s library card number.
- When all items are collected, staff will call the patron to inform them that their items are ready to be picked up.
- Patrons will be directed to a special parking area at the library of their choice. Patron will call to let staff know they have arrived and a staff person will bring the items out to the car and place them in the trunk.
- Items for pick up through the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service will be available until closing of the next business day. After that time, items will be returned to the shelves. (Items placed on hold through the online catalog will continue to be available for 10 days.)
- All books and AV materials are eligible for this service. Some electronic devices (Hotspots, Nooks, and Launchpads) are NOT available through the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service.
NOTE: A full-service library card is required in order to check out physical materials from the library.