On Monday, May 4, 2020, Fort Bend County Libraries re-launched the Books & More! Curbside Pick-Up service during limited hours. This service is specifically designed for patrons practicing social distancing during the COVID-19 period. Curbside Pick-Up service is available at ALL locations.
Library materials should be returned in the outside book drop. Library staff will not accept fines or fees, or handle returns, during curbside pick-up.
Hours for the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up Service:
- Mon-Thu – 9 am-6 pm*
- Fri – 9 am-5 pm*
- Sat – 9 am-5 pm* at all locations EXCEPT at the Albert George Branch Library (Needville), the Mamie George Branch Library (Stafford), and the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. For these branches, the Saturday hours are 9 am-1 pm*.
- Sun – CLOSED (all locations)
* NOTE: To expedite Curbside Pick-Up service, call your library BEFORE you come to pick-up your holds(s), as well as when you arrive. Please pick up your items no later than 15 minutes prior to closing. If they are not picked up by that time, they will be held for the next business day.
What can you check out through Books & More Curbside Pick-Up?
- The limit of items that can be checked out on a full-service library card has been increased from 10 to 20!
- We now offer Book Bundles! Each Book Bundle consists of 5 items selected by our staff. When you call the library, you can pick a category, and we’ll surprise you with some selections we think you might like! There is a limit of 3 Book Bundles per library card, but guess what – a Book Bundle does NOT count toward your 20-item limit!
- Check out mobile WiFi hotspots (Fort Bend County residents only)
This is how the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service works:
- Patrons will need to call their nearest branch library, and have their library card number ready and the name of the person who will be picking up their items.
- Library cards must be valid (unexpired) – without fines or fees more than $5. Fines of $5 or more can be paid online through the patron’s My Account link in the catalog.
- Patrons may use this service to pick up books and materials on HOLD, or patrons may call to request specific titles for pick up. Patrons may check out a maximum of 20 items through the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service. Patrons are encouraged to check the catalog for availability.
- Library staff will search the shelves, pull the requested materials, and check them out using the patron’s library card number.
- When all items are collected, staff will call the patron to inform them that their items are ready to be picked up.
- Patrons will be directed to a special parking area at the library of their choice. Patron will call to let staff know they have arrived and a staff person will bring the items out to the car and place them in the trunk.
- Items for pick up through the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service will be available until closing of the next business day. After that time, items will be returned to the shelves. (Items placed on hold through the online catalog will continue to be available for 10 days.)
- All books and AV materials are eligible for this service. Some electronic devices (Nooks, Launchpads) are NOT available through the Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service.
NOTE: A full-service library card is required in order to check out physical materials from the library. If you do not have a full-service library card, you may now apply for one online. Click here to get started.