An item already checked out to you may be renewed one time, if the item has not been placed on hold by another patron. You may renew online or by phone. To successfully renew online, your library card information must be current and up-to-date. If you cannot access your account, call us during library business hours.
To Renew Online:
- In the library catalog, click the red Login / My Account tab at the top right of the screen.
- Enter your library barcode number and the PIN from your library account. Click on the Login shown below the PIN box, or press Enter on the keyboard.
- Click on Items Out on the line below the My Account tab. A list of items you currently have checked out will be shown.
- Click on the box in front of the item(s) you want to renew.
- Click Renew at the bottom of your list.
- Successfully renewed items will show the new due date. A message in red lettering will appear for any items that cannot be renewed. The message will tell you to scroll down to the item, where you will see the reason it could not be renewed.
- Click on Log Out when you are finished.
To Renew by Phone:
- Items may be renewed by calling the Circulation Department at any one of our library locations during business hours. A list of telephone numbers and hours for all library locations can be found here. Please be sure to have your library barcode number available, so that the staff may access your account. Staff cannot access your account without your library barcode number.
- Renewals may be made at any time by calling our 24-hour automated phone service, Telecirc, at 281-341-2686. You will be prompted to enter your library card barcode and select a language. Follow the menu options to request the renewal option. Telecirc will tell you that the item has been renewed and the new due date, and it will also tell you if an item cannot be renewed.