First-time users, please read the information below.
Previous users of this reservation system, reserve a computer by calling your local branch.
Fort Bend County Libraries (FBCL) provides computers for public use at its open libraries. Computers can be reserved in advance. Reservations may be made up to one week in advance. Each library has a list of computers and times available for reservation.
To USE the computer-reservation system
The patron must have a valid library card from Fort Bend County Libraries (a full-service card OR an eCard) AND must have used his/her library card number to register to use a FBCL computer since March 2004. If you do not have a library card, you may complete an application at the library and make a reservation for the next available computer; please bring a valid, government-issued photo ID and proof of current residence address if not shown on the ID (such as a utility bill).
Patrons may have only one reservation at a time.
- Reservations may be made up to a week in advance.
- Reservations may be made on the hour or half-hour, depending on current availability.
- The length of any computer session is two hours, for any reservation.
- Reservations will be held for 10 minutes at the requested computer. After 10 minutes, that computer will be available for the next patron.
To MAKE a reservation
- Reserve a computer by calling your local branch
- Follow the onscreen instructions to make your computer reservation.
To CANCEL a reservation
- Cancel a computer reservation by calling your local branch.
- Enter the library location and the date of the reservation, as well as the library card number under which the reservation was made.
- Shown on the reservation screen will be a statement, concerning the patron’s upcoming reservation. It includes an option to cancel the reservation by clicking on “Click Here To Delete The Reservation.”