First-time users, please read the information below.
Previous users of this reservation system, reserve a computer.
Fort Bend County Libraries (FBCL) provides computers for public use at all of its library locations. It is now possible for some of those computers to be reserved in advance by the public. Reservations may be made up to one week in advance. Each library has a list of computers and times available for reservation. Public computers not listed on the reservation list are available only on a walk-in basis.
To USE the computer-reservation system
The patron must have a valid library card from Fort Bend County Libraries AND must have used his/her library card barcode to register to use a FBCL computer since March 2004.
Patrons may have only one reservation at a time.
- Reservations may be made up to a week in advance.
- Reservations may be made on the hour or half-hour, depending on current availability.
- The length of any computer session is one hour, for any reservation.
- Reservations will be held for 10 minutes at the requested computer. After 10 minutes, that computer will be freed for the next patron who sits down at the computer.
To MAKE a reservation
- Reserve a computer
- Follow the onscreen instructions to make your computer reservation.
To CANCEL a reservation
- Cancel a computer reservation
- Enter the library location and the date of the reservation, as well as the library barcode number under which the reservation was made.
- Shown on the reservation screen will be a statement, concerning the patron’s upcoming reservation. It includes an option to cancel the reservation by clicking on “Click Here To Delete The Reservation.”