Procedures for the use of the 3rd-floor event area (The Pointe) at the Missouri City Branch Library are herein established in order to ensure maximum and equitable use of the county’s facility. This application and all procedures herein, provide guidance to the library staff in implementing the rental and use of The Pointe. Elected officials and Department Heads of Fort Bend County using The Pointe for County business will be exempt from rental fees, but must pay for security and follow procedures. Responsibility for accepting applications for The Pointe lies with the Library Administrative Assistant (281-633-4702) at the Library Administration Building in Richmond, TX. The County Librarian retains authority for applying this procedure and reserves the right to change or adjust as needed.
All individuals using The Pointe must follow Fort Bend County Libraries’ Rules of Conduct Policy at all times while on library premises.
EVENT SPACE RESTRICTIONS
No “coming-of-age” parties permitted.
No sales of products and/or services.
No animals allowed, with the exception of Service Animals.
No one under the age of 18 is allowed on the balcony unless accompanied by an adult.
No noise or ambient sound permitted during hours the library is open to the public.
No smoking of any kind, including vaping.
No gambling allowed.
No weapons allowed.
RESERVATIONS, APPLICATIONS, AND RENTAL FEES
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Library reservations will occur on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rental must occur between the hours of 8 am to closing OR after hours from closing to 12 am (midnight). Rental may not overlap between the library’s open hours and after hours.
- Rental must include time for set-up, break-down, emptying trash, and returning the room to original status. During library’s open hours, rental use must be concluded 30 minutes prior to regular library closing time, and the room must be vacated by closing time.
- Payment for use of The Pointe shall be made by personal check at the time an application is accepted by the library, at least 30 days in advance of using the room. No partial payments shall be accepted; applicants must pay for an entire interval of use prior to using the room. No credit cards or cash. No exceptions.
- Applicants shall familiarize themselves with the facility before applying. Fort Bend County provides only the tables and chairs that are listed on page three (3). At no time shall a reserving party sublease or assign its reservation to another group or organization, nor shall use of the library be for any purpose other than what was stated on the application.
- Applicants renting The Pointe are limited to the hours specified on the application. No exceptions.
- Application form may be obtained online on the library’s website at https://www.fortbend.lib.tx.us/rent-the-pointe-missouri-city
- Completed applications must be brought in person to the Library Administration Building (office of the Administrative Assistant) in Richmond, TX, between the hours of 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday, by the person signing the application, or another person designated to handle all transactions involving the application and use of The Pointe.
- Applicants must submit, on their application, at least two other representatives (with names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses) with the authority to inquire about or change reservations on behalf of the applicant.
- Renters will be charged a deposit of $125.00 and a $50.00 per-hour fee (see Application Form) by Fort Bend County Libraries, for a minimum of two (2) hours of use. Parts of an hour will be charged as one hour.
- A peace officer is required if The Pointe is rented during after hours. Renters will hire and pay a peace officer for a minimum of two (2) hours of work and for the entire period the room is in use after hours. All peace officer arrangements must be made with the Fort Bend County Pct. 2 Constable’s Office, at 281-403-8022. Officers will be provided by the Fort Bend County Pct. 2 Constable’s Office at their current contract rate, and the fee must be paid in full to the officer at the time of the event. The officer on duty will be given the keys to the building by the library staff and will be in charge of opening and closing the library at the requested time and for providing law enforcement during the rental period.
- Applicants using The Pointe shall comply with all County ordinances and Federal and State laws. As in accordance with County fire codes, all exits and doorways must remain clear and unlocked during functions, and access to all hallways and fire extinguishers shall remain clear. All marked fire lanes will be kept open at all times. Applicants agree to abide by the designated room capacity of 100 occupants.
- The applicant, or her/his designated representative, is required to be present in The Pointe and available to County personnel during the entire course of the event for which the applicant made a reservation.
No outside furniture may be brought on library property. Linens are the responsibility of the renter. The library provides the following furniture in The Pointe:
Round tables 60” round (10)
Café tables 31” round/43” high (8)
Rectangular tables 72”X30” (04)
In the event of an emergency or extreme situation beyond the control of the County, a confirmed reservation may have to be cancelled. All groups should be aware of this possibility.
If a reservation is cancelled, it may be rescheduled or monies will be refunded.
In the event that a group or organization using a room wishes to cancel their reservation, the library must be notified in writing at least 30 days in advance in order to give others an opportunity to use The Pointe. If a reservation is cancelled, monies will be refunded according to Fort Bend County policy and procedures. Applicants should be aware that the refund process may not be immediate.
All decorations must be approved by Library Administration in advance. Prohibited items include: glitter, bird seed, rice, confetti, staples, tape, tacks, nails, or any other materials used to attach items to the walls, ceiling, floor, furniture, or include open flames, candles, sparklers, etc. Decorations must not damage walls, ceiling, flooring, furniture, or equipment.
Publicity generated by the applicant using The Pointe must neither state nor imply that the library is either sponsoring or endorsing a program or meeting. Publicity must not give out the library's phone number as an information contact.
Photography is allowed at events inside The Pointe.
No signage advertising the event may be placed on library property and may only be placed inside the library in The Pointe during the event.
Home cooked meals or catering are allowed. Chafing dishes and fuel may be used and must be monitored at all times. Fuel must rest on a shelf designed for this purpose.
No items, food, or equipment may be stored on-site or brought into the building before the time listed on the application. Items for events cannot be stored before or after the rental period.
Rental of The Pointe applies only to the 3rd floor space. Use of the 1st or 2nd floor areas is strictly prohibited. You are not permitted to move or utilize furniture or equipment on the 1st or 2nd floors.
Renters using the building while it is open must be mindful of library patrons and limit the noise and disruptive activity.
Fort Bend County will not be responsible for any equipment or personal property that is not the property of the county.
Limited audio-visual equipment is available and will require the applicant to come into the location for training at least one week prior to scheduled rental. Staff will not be available to assist during scheduled rentals.
AFTER-HOURS ENTRY AND EXIT
Entry and exit for events in The Pointe held after-hours will be limited. Attendees must enter through the first-floor entrance on the east side of the building, where the security guard is stationed. Attendees will not have access to any other area of the building and will not be able to enter through the main public entrance.
Facilities must be clean, free of trash, and returned to original status before vacating the premises. No items may be left on premises. All trash must be properly bagged and removed from the building. Trash may be placed in the library dumpster. Trash bags will be provided.
Applicant will be charged for any damage to library property and any cleaning required to return property to original status.
Fees for damages and/or cleaning will be evaluated and assessed after the event is completed.
If the library staff is called out to respond to an emergency that is not the fault or responsibility of the County (including the pulling of fire alarms in a non-emergency situation), the applicant will be billed for any charges incurred by the library. In case of building emergencies during the use of The Pointe, including, but not limited to, plumbing problems, power failure, or air-conditioning problems, the user shall call the Library Maintenance Manager at 713-545-0785 (cell phone) or the people listed on the emergency contact sheet to be provided at the time of application. In case of security-related emergencies, contact the Constable on duty or call 911.