Click here for printable version
Procedures for the use of the 3rd-floor event area (The Pointe) at the Missouri City Branch Library are herein established in order to ensure maximum and equitable use of the county’s facility. This application, and all procedures herein, provides guidance to the library staff in implementing the rental and use of The Pointe. Elected officials and Department Heads of Fort Bend County, who are using The Pointe for County business, will be exempt from rental fees, but must follow procedures. County employees, who are renting The Pointe for personal use, are NOT exempt from rental fees and are bound to the following procedures. Responsibility for accepting applications for The Pointe lies with the Missouri City Branch Library (281-238-2100). The County Librarian retains authority for applying this procedure and reserves the right to change or adjust as needed.
All individuals using The Pointe must follow Fort Bend County Libraries’ Rules of Conduct Policy at all times while on library premises.
Security deposit may be forfeited if the rules listed in these procedures are not followed.
EVENT SPACE RESTRICTIONS
- No sales of products and/or services, with the exception of author appearances.
- No animals allowed, with the exception of Service Animals.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed on the balcony unless accompanied by an adult.
- No noise or ambient sound permitted during hours the library is open to the public.
- No smoking of any kind, including vaping.
- No gambling allowed.
- No weapons allowed.
- No additional furniture may be brought on library property.
RESERVATIONS, APPLICATIONS, AND RENTAL FEES
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Reservations for rental will be accepted and scheduled in the order received.
- Rental must occur between the hours of 8 am to closing OR after hours from closing to 12 am (midnight). Rental may not overlap between the library’s open hours and after hours. No exceptions.
- The Pointe may not be rented on Fort Bend County Libraries’ scheduled closing dates and holidays. Scheduled closures can be found on Fort Bend County Libraries’ website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us). See Cancellations on page four (4) in the event of emergencies and unscheduled closures (weather emergencies and unexpected building maintenance).
- The room can only be rented by one (1) party per day to allow time for room inspection and cleaning between rentals. This ensures your party will not be held accountable for problems from a previous rental.
- Rental must include time for set-up, break-down, emptying trash, and returning the room to original status. During library’s open hours, rental use must be concluded 30 minutes prior to regular library closing time, and the room must be vacated by closing time. Applicants and/or the designated representative are responsible for set-up and break-down; library staff are not available to assist.
- Payment for use of The Pointe shall be made by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover card ONLY), personal check, or cash at the time an application is accepted by the library, at least 30 days in advance of using the room. No money orders or cashier’s checks. No partial payments shall be accepted; applicants must pay for an entire interval of use prior to using the room. Refunds may not be immediate (See Cancellations on page 3). No exceptions.
- Applicants shall familiarize themselves with the facility before applying. Fort Bend County provides only the tables and chairs that are listed on page three (3). No additional furniture may be brought on library property.
- At no time shall a reserving party sublease or assign its reservation to another group or organization, nor shall use of the library be for any purpose other than what was stated on the application.
- Applicants renting The Pointe are limited to the hours specified on the application. No exceptions.
- Application forms may be obtained online on Fort Bend County Libraries’ website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us).
- Completed applications and payment must be brought in person to the Missouri City Branch Library between the hours of 12 noon – closing, Monday - Friday, by the person signing the application, or by another person listed on the application and designated to handle all transactions involving the application and use of The Pointe.
- Applicants must submit, on their application, at least two (2) other representatives (with names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses) with the authority to inquire about or change reservations on behalf of the applicant. Representatives are responsible for understanding the contents of this agreement.
- Renters will be charged a deposit of $125.00 and a $50.00 per-hour fee (see Application Form) by Fort Bend County Libraries, for a minimum of two (2) hours of use. Parts of an hour will be charged as one (1) hour.
- Library staff will be in charge of opening and closing The Pointe during library open hours. Staff will not be available for the duration of the event.
- A peace officer is required if The Pointe is rented for use outside of regular library business hours. Renters are responsible for hiring and paying a peace officer for a minimum of two (2) hours of work and for the entire period the room is in use after hours. All peace officer arrangements must be made with the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office; you cannot provide your own security. See Appendix A on the Application for contact information.
- Applicants using The Pointe shall comply with all County ordinances and Federal and State laws. As in accordance with County fire codes, all exits and doorways must remain clear and unlocked during functions, and access to all hallways and fire extinguishers shall remain clear. All marked fire lanes will be kept open at all times. Applicants agree to abide by the designated room capacity of 60 occupants.
- The applicant, or their designated representative, is required to be present in The Pointe and available to County personnel during the entire course of the event for which the applicant made a reservation.
Set-up for The Pointe (tables, chairs, etc.) is the responsibility of the group renting the room and must be done only during the rental time. All tables and chairs must be put away, and the room must be returned to original status.
Open aisles must be maintained within the seating arrangements to provide clear access to exits.
Rental of The Pointe applies only to the 3rd-floor space. Use of the 1st or 2nd floor is strictly prohibited. You are not permitted to move or utilize furniture or equipment on the 1st or 2nd floors.
No additional furniture may be brought on library property. Linens are the responsibility of the renter. The library provides the following furniture in The Pointe:
Round tables 60” round (10)
Café tables 31” round/43” high (8)
Rectangular tables 72”X30” (04)
Flatbed dolly (1)
In the event of an emergency or extreme situation beyond the control of the County, a confirmed reservation may have to be cancelled. All groups should be aware of this possibility. If a reservation is cancelled, it may be rescheduled or monies will be refunded.
In the event that a group or organization using a room wishes to cancel their reservation, the library must be notified in writing at least 30 days in advance in order to give others an opportunity to use The Pointe. If a reservation is cancelled, monies will be refunded according to Fort Bend County policy and procedures. Applicants should be aware that the refund process may not be immediate.
All decorations must be approved by Library management in advance. Prohibited items include: glitter, bird seed, rice, confetti, open flames, including candles, sparklers, etc. Staples, tape, tacks, nails, or any other materials may not be used to attach items to the walls, windows, ceiling, floor, or furniture. Decorations must not damage walls, ceiling, flooring, furniture, or equipment. See Cleaning/Damages on page five (5).
Publicity generated by the applicant using The Pointe must neither state nor imply that the library is either sponsoring or endorsing a program or meeting. The use of Fort Bend County Libraries’ logo is strictly prohibited. Publicity must not give out the library's phone number as an information contact.
Photography is allowed at events inside The Pointe.
No signage advertising the event may be placed on library property; however, it may be placed inside The Pointe during the event.
Home-cooked meals or catering are allowed. Chafing dishes and fuel may be used and must be monitored at all times. Fuel must rest on a shelf designed for this purpose.
No items, food, or equipment may be stored on-site or brought into the building before the time listed on the application. Items for events cannot be stored before or after the rental period.
Renters using the building while it is open must be mindful of library patrons and limit the noise and disruptive activity.
Fort Bend County will not be responsible for any equipment or personal property that is not the property of the county.
Limited audiovisual equipment is available and will require the applicant to come into the location for training at least one (1) week prior to scheduled rental. Staff will not be available to assist before, during, or after scheduled rentals.
ENTRY AND EXIT
During hours that library staff are in the building, access to The Pointe is available through the main public entrance of the library ONLY. There is no access through the 1st-floor entrance on the east side of the building; an alarm will sound if this door is opened.
During after-hours, access to The Pointe will be available through the 1st-floor entrance on the east side of the building ONLY. This is where the peace officer will be stationed. Attendees will not have access to any other area of the building and will not be able to enter through the main public entrance.
Facilities must be clean, free of trash, and returned to original status before vacating the premises. No items may be left on premises. All trash must be properly bagged and removed from the building. Trash may be placed in the library dumpster. Trash bags will be provided.
Applicant will be charged for any damage to library property and any cleaning required to return property to original status.
Fees for damages and/or cleaning will be evaluated and assessed after the event is completed.
During open hours: Please inform library staff in the event of a building emergency, including, but not limited to, plumbing problems, power failure, or air-conditioning problems. In case of medical or security-related emergencies, call 911 and notify library staff.
During after-hours: Please inform peace officer on duty in the event of a security-related emergency or a building emergency, including, but not limited to, plumbing problems, power failure, or air-conditioning problems. In case of medical emergency, call 911 and notify peace officer on duty.