Program Type:Book Clubs
THIS IS A VIRTUAL MEETING
Do you enjoy listening to podcasts, but don’t have anyone to discuss them with? Do you like the idea of a book club, but can’t commit to finishing the book each month? Join the University Branch Podcast Club to engage in conversation about podcasts on a variety of topics. Each month we’ll have a topic and a short list of podcast episodes to listen to. At the meeting we will discuss those episodes and the themes within them.
This meeting will be held online via WebEx. You must register for this program to receive an email invite with the link to the meeting.
The topic for April's meeting is Save the Oceans. We’ll be discussing the following podcast episodes:
- “Turning Plastic Ocean Waste into Activewear”, Business with Purpose, 31 m
- “The Root Causes and Effects of Ocean Plastic Pollution”, Green Dreamer, 36 m
- “Friendly Floatees”, Stuff You Should Know, 13 m
- “Act Like an Activist”, Break Some Dishes, 50 m
- “Ocean Swimming... in Plastic Pollution”, The Pod: Ocean Swimming, 45 m
- “Garbage Patches: How Gyres Take Our Trash Out to Sea”, NOAA Ocean Podcast, 10 m
You can find all of these podcast episodes here: Save the Oceans Playlist