Program Type:Book Clubs
THIS IS A VIRTUAL MEETING. WE DO NOT MEET IN THE LIBRARY.
Do you enjoy listening to podcasts, but don’t have anyone to discuss them with? Do you like the idea of a book club, but can’t commit to finishing the book each month? Join the University Branch Podcast Club to engage in conversation about podcasts on a variety of topics. Each month we’ll have a topic and a short list of podcast episodes to listen to. At the meeting we will discuss those episodes and the themes within them.
This meeting will be held online via WebEx. You must register for this program to receive an email invite with the link to the meeting.
The topic for August's meeting is The Great Outdoors. We’ll be discussing the following podcast episodes:
- “Nature Tourism in Texas”, Under The Texas Sky, 15 m
- “Back to the Land; How a Prescription for Nature Could Make Us Healthier”, The Current, 23 m
- “America's Best Idea?”, Out There, 43 m (you can stop listening after 35 minutes in)
- “How Rewilding Works”, Stuff You Should Know, 46 m
- “The Roots of Camping, from S'mores to Shelter to Protest”, Colorado Matters, 28 m
- "Relieve Stress through Forest Bathing", Happy Brain, 8 m
- "This Episode Is a Picnic", Savor, 34 m
You can find all of these podcast episodes here: The Great Outdoors Playlist