Update June 7, 2021
Fort Bend County Libraries (FBCL) began the process of re-opening buildings on March 15, when five locations resumed in-person service. On June 4, 2021, the library system welcomed patrons back to five additional locations: the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch, the First Colony Branch, the Mamie George Branch (Stafford), the Mission Bend Branch, and the Sugar Land Branch.
The Albert George Branch Library (Needville) will re-open to the public for in-person use at 9:00 am, on Wednesday, June 9. The re-opening of the Albert George Branch had been delayed so that new shelving could be installed in the building. Because of a nationwide shortage of materials, however, the new-shelving project has been delayed. Once the materials arrive, the library will need to close for approximately three weeks.
With the re-opening of the additional libraries, library services resume as they were before March 2020.
- Fines and fees will be charged for overdue items; adult items, returned or renewed past the due date, will accrue fines.
- The Friends of the Library organizations accept book donations.
- Test proctoring has resumed.
- Notary services are available at the FBCL Administration building.
- 3D printers are available at George Memorial Library, the Cinco Ranch Branch, the Mamie George Branch (Stafford), the Mission Bend Branch, the Missouri City Branch, and the Sienna Branch.
- Cash is accepted.
- Computer sessions: Patrons may have up to four 1-hour sessions. The sessions may be consecutive if no one is waiting for a computer.
- Study Rooms: Use of study rooms is limited to 2-hour sessions. The sessions may be extended if no one is waiting to use the space.
- Toy kits and story kits, which are found in the children’s department, are available for check-out.
- Also in the children’s department, Early Literacy Stations are available for children’s use. These computers are equipped with a wide variety of educational software programs for children aged 2-8.
- Meeting rooms and conference rooms are not available at this time.
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Per the governor's executive order, masks are no longer required.
Programming and events for children, teens, and adults will remain online and in virtual formats through the summer so that patrons may enjoy them from the comfort of home.
The hours for all locations are as follows:
- Mon-Thu – 9 am-6 pm;
- Fri – 9 am-5 pm;
- Sat – 9 am-5 pm at all locations EXCEPT at the Albert George Branch Library (Needville), the Mamie George Branch Library (Stafford), and the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. For these branches, the Saturday hours are 9 am-1 pm;
- Sun – CLOSED (all locations).
The Books & More Curbside Pick-Up service continues to be available at all locations. Please pick up items no later than 15 minutes prior to closing. If they are not picked up by that time, they will be held for the next business day.